
Today we did a wireframing exercise in which we had to design the layout of a Pet Shop web site. Requirements were relatively standard with a logo and shop information, product-based navigation and blog news. Full requirements can be found on Amos' Blog.
I also decided that this client needed some recommendations on how they could use their web site to create more lasting relationships with their customers, so I made the primary navigation a little more social than they were thinking. By allowing customers to connect with each other through this site, I am increasing the chances that they will come back to the site frequently and make purchases or learn about promotions.
The left navigation is not as sexy, but it is functional for business purposes. The left navigation on this page has sub-categories that drop down, as is displayed by the Pets navigational item. I have made the registration and profile section prominent because it creates opportunities for stickiness.
DAY 1 NOTES
Resources
HTML Reference: 3schools.com
Dummy Text: ipsum.com
Split Code Screen: Firebug (firefox add-on)
Homework
Download and Install WinSCP Installation Package from winscp.net.
Do All HTML, XHTML, CSS tutorials on top left nav of www.3schools.com
Site ftp Info
Server Host Name: onepotcooking.com
Log-in: scps
Password: ******
My Site: http://onepotcooking.com/larrykokoszka/
No comments:
Post a Comment